I've had a couple of emails from some online forums giving me stick about referring to the web / search and SEO as Google. In other words, do you want your website optimized for Google? Is what I asked a client...I was referring to South Africa in general BUT I was slammed and quickly...
WAS I THAT WRONG?
I'll give you some interesting facts about GOOGLE and website traffic in South Africa.
- 90% of the traffic coming to localised South African websites (GOOGLE)
- Bing was starting to generate some traffic, but they removed the localised search portion of their search, so South African sites are now mixed up with GLOBAL sites (ALTERNATIVE, GOOGLE)
- If we combine ALL of South Africa's search engines, directories and social media sites the combined traffic coming into your site is possibly 4%, if that... Meaning (THERE'S ONLY GOOGLE)
- 95% of the analytics software used in South Africa is Google Analytics
- I'd say and this is a guess, 60 - 70% of all online spend on PAID ADS is with (GOOGLE)
So if you're wanting your website optimized for GOOGLE - YOU know who to call!